Saturday 19 November 2011

Crawler Loader

This is my Lego model of a crawler loader, some of you may have seen it already as its been on my brickshelf page for sometime. 

The model is powered by two XL motors which give the model a large amount of torque, one IR receiver and a large type battery box (located in between the tracks). I put the battery box as low as possible in order to help its climbing ability and improve its center of gravity.  
The attachment is driven by pneumatic’s.- Two jacks to lift and two jacks to manipulate the bucket. A hand pump is located at the back and the hand controls are inside the cab. I’ve also built a small compressor that can be remotely controlled to fit this model, but its not shown in the pictures.
I built the model very early on and didn't have all the parts to finish it, you can notice this in some of the pictures

Click on the images to enlarge them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment